Fast Company asked her visitors what they hate about their open-office layout. Instead of asking experts who work in hyper-designed productivity palaces their opinion, Fast Company wanted to know how the everyman fares in the revolution of the open workspace. Fast Company received lengthy (and sometimes painful) responses from over 100 people. Below a list of the 10 most common gripes.
- IT’S LOUD
- YOUR CO-WORKERS WON’T STOP INTERRUPTING YOU
- THERE’S ABSOLUTELY NO PRIVACY
- SOMETIMES YOU JUST DON’T WANT TO TALK TO PEOPLE
- PEOPLE ALWAYS LOOKING AT YOUR MONITOR
- THE OFFICE ALWAYS SMELLS
- THE CURSE OF HEADPHONES
- EVERYONE CAN HEAR EVERY CONVERSATION ABOUT EVERYTHING
- YOU HAVE NO CONTROL OVER THE WORKSPACE
- IF YOU WANT SOME PRIVACY, YOU BETTER COME IN EARLY OR FIGHT WITH OTHERS FOR SPACE
Read the original blog at Fast Company here. You can also read their favorite responses.